Sunday, February 10, 2008

Owww....

Ran the Boston Buildup 20k this morning. Results aren't up yet but I think I broke a 9 min pace...barely. (Only 2 min faster than last year, but still...faster.) Kathy (my self-appointed coach) told me my goal was an 8:30 pace, I'd hoped for 8:40, but I think neither of us realized how hilly the course was. How is it possible for a course that ends where it started to be ALL UPHILL? OK, maybe that's an exaggeration, but my IT band was killing by mile 8, and it wasn't the distance (did 12 last weekend) or the pace that did it, so must be that I need to train a LOT more on hills. Especially since Nashville is a hilly course. Uh-oh. I also have a nasty blister on my little toe. So I've been hobbling around this afternoon. Thing is, I don't mind that at all! Pain from pushing myself like this is wonderful...the fact that I COULD do this today is all that matters. (At least that's what I'm telling myself...if I'd run over an 8:59 pace I'd be lying if I said I didn't care. As it is, I think I made 8:57...)

No comments: