Tuesday, November 08, 2011

For anyone with RA who injects a biologic (like Enbrel), I'm finding the IVF drugs to be less painful to inject. Seriously...this is no big deal. (Waiting for lightning to strike...)

Haven't been working out since my week of tonsillitis. I did a 3 mile stroller walk Sunday, but other than that, nadda. Although you're not supposed to really exercise while on these meds, the thing the doctors worry about (gigantic grapefruit ovaries turning and twisting) I have a 0% chance of having happen since my ovaries are on their last legs. I'll be lucky to get a normal size ovary out of my mega doses of meds. So I don't feel like I have to not run or lift or anything, unless an ultrasound turns up something. But between illness, work, tutoring and 5pm darkness, it isn't happening right now. I'm not stopping or anything, just riding this out. I'll do what I can when I can but I can't do it all.

Head down, just get through the next 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Angela and David said...

I'm not sure what RA drugs are like but the early IVF drugs like menopure and lupron aren't bad to inject, it's the progesterone that requires the bigger needle and shooting up in your back side as opposed to in your belly. But even those, once you get used to them, aren't bad.