Monday, December 14, 2009

Masters Swim???

Found out yesterday about a Masters swim program that runs for 10 weeks, is designed for triathletes, has one day for experienced swimmers and one day for people like me, and...meets from 8:30-10 at night once a week. Meaning, I could go. Registration is TODAY. I think I am skipping my short run to go sign up before taking Andra to the pediatrician for her 1 year appointment and clearance for Wednesday's surgery.

I can do this, right????

(UPDATE: I called to register. I DID IT. I paid money. So now I have to go, right?? Starts in January! Oh, and I guess now I could still run. I have tons of nervous energy though! But it's good...I only regret things I don't do, not things I DO.)

8 comments:

Angela and David said...

Yeah! You will love it. Masters is sooooo much better than swimming alone.

Michelle Simmons said...

Good for you! Masters swimming is an excellent way to improve your swimming! :)

X-Country2 said...

You'll do GREAT!!

Mnowac said...

Nice! You will love it.

Andrew said...

Hi, I just found your site and am interested in hearing how others with RA do this exercise thing.

RunningMama said...

When I first read your post, I thought my comment was going to be: "I'd rather be shot in the head than go swimming." But, if it is ONLY one night a week it might be manageable.

N.D. said...

That's great you are doing the program for swimming! congrats!

jessica said...

Wow, that would be a late night, for a dork like me at least!

I was SO nervous/anxious about every. last. detail. when I started swimming awhile back, but it all went away just a few seconds into the first workout. It was super rewarding and now I hate that I can't find a way to swim right now!