Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Andra!

She's officially 1.

We had a great little party with a super cute cake my husband made and decorated (a hidden talent). Just family, very low key and fun. Andra played with the frosting on her little cake, but the girl does NOT get the concept of feeding herself, so we helped her out a little so she could taste it. At least I didn't have to worry about a hyped-up-on-sugar baby come bedtime.

She also learned to climb stairs today. Following cousin Iris was good motivation. And, even though we haven't opened all the presents, my favorite is the one from Iris - one of her old toys that Andra played with last time we were in the city visiting. Seriously, presents are silly for a 1 year old, but recycled presents are genius! I don't have to feel guilty that someone spent more money on a toy for my kid than I would (we only buy from consignment shops or tag sales) AND Andra gets a "new" toy.

The pictures are all on my husband's fancy schmancy camera so I can't post any here but hopefully he will put them online soon so I can post them.

6 comments:

jsmarslender said...

Yea! Happy Birthday Andra! Enjoy!

Allison Chapple said...

Happy Birthday!! So hard to believe that our babies are all one!

RunnerGirl said...

Sounds like it was a great birthday!

N.D. said...

happy birthday Andra! so cute - sounds like a great time.

Michelle Simmons said...

Happy Birthday, Andra!!! I'm with ya on the recycled toys. :)

RunningMama said...

Yeah, happy birthday! Good luck keeping toys from over-riding the house! We're fighting the same battle. His toys no longer fit in the toy chest...

Shhh...don't tell anyone, but I donated about 1/2 of the toys nathan got for his birthday to a christmas santa program for needy children.