Monday, March 23, 2009

Lunchtime run

I tried to upload a cute video of our chatty little girl. For some reason I can't, but the link is here. And another of her (with a surprise at the end...) is here. (You'll see why the kid wears a bib 24/7.) We had the best weekend. Andra is apparently capable of sleeping 11+ hours straight at night (and going 12 hours without eating) which puts her in a fabulous mood for at least the first half of the day. We need to work on naps still, but...not bad.

I ran today at school, during my free period. Luckily it was over lunch, so I got an extra 25 minutes to pump, change my clothes, and take a super quick shower after. (I still managed to keep sweating, and need to plan for a better outfit to get me through the last 2 periods without looking completely drippy and gross.) I did 3.5 miles - .5 warmup, 1 at 7:30, .5 at 10:00, 1 at 7:00, .5 cooldown. I just put a couple new songs onto my iPod (and managed to remember to bring it) and I loved running to Billy Joel's "Downeaster Alexa." Weird maybe, but I am not known for having any taste in music. It worked though... And, my Achilles was fine. Not perfect, but fine, and I am not limping now. So it's back to "normal."

I have a 3 mile race in 3 weeks (the one where I just missed winning a chocolate bunny last year). A PR is possible...maybe not likely (I remember how awful it felt to run that hard last year and how much I wanted to quit) but definitely possible. I'm going to do a 5k in April also because I know I can PR in one. I guess the bar isn't set that high (same with my 4 miler 2 weeks ago), but I'll take anything I can get now. I do keep thinking though, if my running is pretty good for the shorter distances now despite not doing any long runs, imagine if I hadn't gained 10 pounds since giving birth! Ugh.

Tomorrow = legs after school. I miss my real gym, but the fitness center at school totally gets the job done!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Running To Billy Joel's 'Downeaster Alexa' ? Your taste in music is impeccable!

Angela and David said...

Andra is adorable and sure has a lot to say. And she's quite the efficient spitter upper.

Nice job getting in the lunch time run!

RunningMama said...

I am so jealous of your sleeping baby...Nathan is still getting up 3+ times a night. WAAAAAH!

Andra's babbling is so cute! It is amazing how babies can all sound so similar, yet be so different! Love the puke at the end! Hah!

Allison Chapple said...

She's precious! Glad to hear your achilles is feeling better.

X-Country2 said...

Speedy girl! I really wish I could run in the middle of the day.

Natalie D said...

adorable!! glad you got in the run over lunch! i like the billy joel song too...