Friday, September 26, 2008

No goal

Well, I haven't run since Sunday. I knew not having a looming goal would do that to me. Either I need to find a 5k in a month or so (one where I won't be dead, a big 5k), or figure out some other way to motivate. There's no good reason I haven't run...the 10k was good, I felt good, I still feel good...I just don't have a goal. I did go to the pool and run in the water yesterday. In fact I've worked out to some extent every day this week, but I feel like the intensity is waning. For instance, I haven't lifted at all in over a week. Today is supposed to be 2 miles on the treadmill and arms...I'll get to the gym soon.

I'm posting this link to a cool pregnant-running story one of my also pregnant blog readers is in...for the few of you who read this who don't also follow her blog, it's fun and inspiring!


Mama Simmons said...

I know what you mean about not having goals. My goal at this point is to just retain enough fitness so that after the baby is born I won't have to completely start over from scratch. There is a long ocean swim race here in mid-December and I have these crazy thoughts that maybe I could do it, but that's all going to depend on when baby decides to come out and whether or not I have to have a c/s... late baby or c/s = no race for sure. Early baby and easy natural delivery = race time!! :) Guess which one I'm hoping for? I need a goal.

N.D. said...

I guess your goal could just be to maintain your fitness, but you are already doing that. Maybe have a mileage goal each week? That is kind of what keeps me going!!

*aron* said...

i am the same way with goals... i think thats why i jumped right into marathon #2 so i would have another goal to train for.