Monday, September 08, 2008

Dilemma

OK, never thought this would happen. There's a spin class in half an hour. The pool is also open for lap swimming (unusual for this time of day). I actually want to go to the pool. Why? Well, the spin class is an hour instead of what I think is the normal 45 minutes. I don't want to work hard for an hour. I don't actually want to swim either...I want to water jog. I did not expect this. I figured I'd have to give something up because it hurt or felt weird. But I just don't WANT to spin. I'm trying to analyze, has this happened before but I usually just don't give in? Or is this new?

I also gave in and wore a maternity shirt today, just a long sleeved t-shirt. Regular pants, with the bella band. I actually felt cute, maybe the thing about maternity clothes now is that the choice between looking pregnant and looking fat (and stuffed into too-small clothes) is a real one, and, well, pregnant is a better option. 25 weeks, 1 day.

5 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Yea for water running!! :) I'm totally into water running these days. I think it's been a good workout, and having done it 4-5 times/week lately, I think my legs are stronger than they were before I started water running? I think it'll be interesting to see how my running fitness pans out once I give birth- see if the water running actually maintained any regular running fitness? I'll let you know.
And I agree about the maternity clothes... better to look cute than to feel fat. ;) You still look really little to me!

N.D. said...

I'm not talking to you either... not wearing real maternity clothes at 25 weeks +. Hah! I hope I can make it that long!! How do the bella bands work? I now have 3 of them but they look humongous. I know what you mean about the spinning, hhaha. I didn't want to go to yoga bc it is work tonight! But my husband wanted to go to the gym so I dragged my a** there - and it ended up being really good. Just do what you feel like!!

Mnowac said...

Oh you look so cute! I hope I can make it 25 weeks, I already feel like I need to try on those maternity pants you sent me!

Clare said...

mama simmons - good to hear water running makes you feel stronger, i see more of it in my future and i can't wait to hear if you were right!

n.d.- i just started using the bella band recently (i just wore loose stuff all summer) and mine is tight...it holds up the unbuttoned/unzipped pants! definitely shouldn't be loose. i fold mine down, kinda doubled over i guess.

training- wait til you have some sort of belly before trying on the pants, and realize that the waist is adjustable...i was dumb enough the not realize that and couldn't get them to stay up initially!

N.D. said...

Hey I'm blanking now but did you get a gabriella band? I can't remember. Where did you get it and do you think it's helpful?