Monday, June 08, 2009

Swimming

Ran Pear Tree Point route today, 4.5 miles down by the water. No real expectations, managed to run it all (no walking) in 39:15. Just looked back at some logs, my fastest time ever was 35:15 (at 4 weeks pregnant, unbeknownst to me at the time!), I think an average time was around 38. Felt heavy...partly because I'm sure I'm still carrying around 6 extra pounds or so (haven't been on the scale in a while! Like, months.) and partly because my legs are sore from boot camp Saturday and spinning Sunday. Still, it felt good to run. Last week I only managed to run twice (it rained all week, except the one day I had no time to work out of course), both times on the treadmill and I just was so not into it that I only did 2 miles (speedwork, trying for variety to make me go longer but didn't work). Lifted more though.

Sunday while I was spinning Fred brought Andra to the pool. I got to watch most of it since he got there toward the end of my class. She loved it!! He put her on a kickboard so she could go surfing. She was just a super happy baby and full of smiles for everyone who talked to her.




I found out today that I can buy a pass for the town pool where I teach. It's a super nice pool with a great kiddie pool and lots of shade. The only down side is that I'll see tons of high schoolers I know, but on the up side, maybe I can pay one of them to babysit for half an hour while I swim laps!

9 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Great photos of Andra! Glad she likes the water... So much fun! :)

Debs M-C said...

But would you trust then with Andra? In water? :-)

She is just adorable in her swimmers.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Swimming" to our Directory of Sports. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory and get a huge base of visitors to your website.


Warm Regards

Sportstrove.info Team

http://www.sportstrove.info

jsmarslender said...

Sweet baby! I like the town pool idea too. And good trail run for you - it's hard not to walk when your legs feel heavy.

What's boot camp?

Natalie D said...

That's great about the run (too funny you were super fast 4 wks preggers) and the pool pictures are adorable! I have to try Nick on a kickboard -good idea! Love the idea of babysitters @ the poo!

RunningMama said...

She looks like she loves the water!! My little guy HATES it. I'll be so jealous of you this summer:>

Allison Chapple said...

Love the swimming pictures!!!!!

X-Country2 said...

Babies in little swimsuits are too cute. :o) Great run too!

Mnowac said...

So cute, that's great that she loved the kickboard. That will be fun this summer.