Friday, June 19, 2009

SUMMER!

School's out for summer! Andra came with me today, it was super easy. In part because all the teachers pretty much just let the high schoolers wander in and out of classes all day, we don't take attendance, and we really just want the day to be OVER. But it was fun showing Andra off. As usual she was all smiles, and somehow she even managed to take a 40 minute nap (I brought her bouncy seat) under my desk! All it took was a quiet room and me ignoring her enough so she could conk out. I skipped the faculty meeting at 11:30 so I could make a noon spin class. Andra was a champ at the Y daycare, and then I took her for a quick dip in the pool. She fell asleep at 2 in the car, and skillfully I managed to transfer her up to her crib without waking her TOO much, and she's having a good nap.

I sense a GREAT summer ahead of us.

4 comments:

X-Country2 said...

WHat a great day!

N.D. said...

That sounds fantastic. I'll love taking Nick in @ the end of the yr when I'm teaching! I haven't had a successful transfer yet -nice job!

Angela and David said...

Sounds like summer is off to a great start - enjoy it!

Kara said...

Clare--HI! I hear you on the nap front. Trying to juggle motherhood and fitness is yet more complicated trying to work it around naps! Have fun with Andra, she's a cutie.