Saturday, June 27, 2009

Chickened out of the BOB...

...and thank goodness! This morning I did a 5 mile "race" (I'm thinking of them simply as group long runs, not actually races...) and had planned to run with Andra. Sweet girl was still snoozing at 7, and I couldn't bring myself to wake her after she'd gone to bed late the past 2 nights. I also had this feeling the course was going to be hilly. It was...mile 2 was downhill, but I swear the rest was up. So although I'd have preferred an 8:5x pace, I got a 9:08 (45:37 I think, 45:30 watch time). Considering Wednesday's intentionally easy pace was 9:00, and really I didn't push a whole lot more today (some, yes, but not much til just the last half mile), I guess I can deal. Though I miss the days I would always have a 8:xx pace. Just guess I don't miss them enough to hurt for it! At any rate, despite coming in 100th (out of maybe 150?) I was 4th in my age group and got a cute yellow ribbon! Reminds me of the horse show ribbons I used to get when I rode in high school!

Friday I did a 1:30 bike ride (finally got a computer today, I think it was 26 miles...again, I'm just not into speed/pain right now, especially when I'm by myself).

Thursday night I had a soccer game. There were no women subs (must have at least 5 women on the field at all times) and I had no babysitter or husband to watch Andi. So she came with me. She hung out by the bench sucking on a chunk of frozen mango for the first half, didn't want her bottle at halftime (which would normally be bedtime), and was still good as gold til the last 5 minutes of the game. The one daddy sub picked her up and hung out with her til the end of the game. Of course she went right to sleep after her bottle when we got home around 8:45. I'm working on getting our 8th grade neighbor to come with me to Monday's game since my husband again can't make it home in time, and I am not sure I want the 8th grader putting her to bed. Although I probably should do that...the agony of decision-making is so annoying!

4 comments:

Allison Chapple said...

Way to go!!

X-Country2 said...

You're so resourceful!

N.D. said...

That is hard deciding what to do with that. YOur husband must work late which makes it difficult. Great job on the race! are you going to call her Andi? My cousin's name is andi and I have had ONE student in 7 years named Andi and I love it! :)

Angela and David said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your summer! Nice job on the 4th place AG finish!