Sunday, May 31, 2009

AHHHH...

32 mile bike ride, average speed over 16mph (according to Bea's computer, I still need to replace mine). Just felt...dandy. I was all worried about not EVER being able to find the time to ride again. So far I was worried for no reason, and I think this summer will be no problem either. Words cannot express how giddy I feel about the prospects of long rides, after thinking they were gone. (Long runs evoke no giddy feelings, by the way.)

I moved my normal Sunday morning tutoring to tonight so I could be gone for 3 hours this afternoon without Fred getting annoyed at me. He and Andra had fun (went to the park, swung on the swings...picture below is actually from a couple weeks ago, but same idea). Andra was just in the BEST mood all day...giggly, chatty, just a happy, happy kid.

3 comments:

Natalie D said...

That's nice that you were able to have your long bike ride. Andra looks so chill. Btw what a perfect day to bike!

Angela and David said...

A happy kid and a long ride - sounds like a great day!

X-Country2 said...

Long rides/runs on beautiful spring days are the BEST!