Sunday, November 23, 2008

Just a laugh

Today my sister in law had a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving for friends, and among those in attendance were a woman 5 months pregnant with twins, and her 5 year old son. We'd been saying earlier how kids just have no filters, they say what they see. So at the end of the night as they were leaving, I stood up, and the kid took one look at my belly and said, "Wow, you ate a lot!"

Thankfully I'm over my "I don't look pregnant, just fat" stage, because it was one of the funniest things ever. When his mom told him no, I was pregnant just like her, he seemed to buy it...

6 comments:

X-Country2 said...

Food babies are babies too!

Mama Simmons said...

That's too funny...

erika p said...

Yeah, kids say the funniest things. Austin is big on busting people for farting right now. He'll look you right in the eye and say, "you toot!" and if it was a smelly one, he'll hold his nose.

lilrunner N.D. said...

Hahahah. THat is so cute.

lilrunner N.D. said...

are you going to run tomorrow? We aren't getting there till around 11/12, so I'll miss it but thanks for info! A girl that is due Feb 7 (2 weeks before me) went into labor yesterday and was delivering today. Yikes!!!

Heather said...

Pregnant? You mean you ate a baby? :D

(My young cousin accused me of that last part when I explained the baby was in my belly when he came over with my uncle to deliver the crib)