Sunday, November 30, 2008

I thought I was not into shoes...

Cleaning up around the house today I realized that I have 5 pairs of the same Brooks running shoes (plus 1 Saucony I currently wear due to their excess cushioning). One pair is brand new in the box waiting for the first post-baby run, one pair was in the basement long past useable, and 3 were in the front entryway...one still useable for running/working out, the other 2 probably way past their prime. I managed to scrounge up an additional 2 pairs of sneakers and all are currently awaiting recycling when our local shoe store collects them.

6 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

Did your feet grow at all? I ended up buying new shoes 1/2 size up....

Debs M-C said...

As my husband and I both run, we should have a seperate room for running gear. Our porch is overflowing with dirty trainers %-) He's much worse than me for hording things though. I have to wait until he's not looking to throw out his out trainers. I don't know why he insists on keeping them. He even likes to keep the boxes from his new shoes!

Clare said...

my feet haven't grown...luckily, since i already wear size 11 in running shoes!!

my husband keeps boxes for EVERYTHING too...they can be so weird!

X-Country2 said...

I like to keep old running shoes for yard work. They're just too expensive to throw out after a couple months.

N.D. said...

Haha, wow!! Good thing they do shoe collections for charity and stuff like that. I got the extra cushiony ones and so far so good. your pic from the turkey trot is super cute!

Debs M-C said...

Hey quiet lady,
Are you still with us? Don't be going off and having a baby without blogging first :-) :-) Te he.