Thursday, August 14, 2008

It was just so great...

I went to change my clothes to go running this afternoon after the ultrasound (third time's a charm...they saw all the heart views and everything's groovy), and of course it begins to thunder. So I drive to the Y, and it begins to rain and hail. I sat in the car til the hail stopped, then went in and got on the treadmill. I was amazed...I began at the usual 10 minute mile pace, and kept going for 5 miles! I could've gone longer...should've...but I had a blister on my toe and I was half an hour late for meeting friends for dinner. I felt NORMAL! I thought about going faster but didn't want to jinx myself. I was loving it. My breathing wasn't hard, my heart rate was normal (I took it at the end only, was about 165...which when I run doesn't feel high, but when I spin, I have to work super hard to get it that high and I don't like to work that hard), my legs didn't get tired at all or feel powerless...it was just so great. I guess it won't last, but now I want to run every day until...

3 comments:

N.D. said...

That's amazing!!! Good to hear! Nice job!

Aron said...

awesome job!! that is so exciting :)

marathon mom said...

Awesome!!! I wish I could run every day too, but I'll do that soon enough. Good luck between now and December with running and everything- I am catching up on your blog!