Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gorgeous Weather

Yesterday was so beautiful out. I went for a 4 mile run before core class. I did part of the 10k course I haven't run so I'll start to learn it. I learned there are 3 possible places I'll let myself walk. Hey, at my pace, walking the steep hills isn't much slower than running them, maybe I'll add an extra 5-10 sec per mile when all's said and done. But the course is nice. I'll run the entire thing a few times in the next few weeks (yay, I'll run a whole 6 miles! It's been a LONG time!). Turns out the race is Sept. 21, a week later than I'd thought, and I'll be 27 weeks...officially a third trimester race!

The down side of yesterday's run was that I got passed. Some guy. It took all I had not to call out after him, "But I'm 5 months pregnant!"

Today was also beautiful out. I took a morning nap, went to spin, took an afternoon nap...maybe it's time for school to start! Well, only because September means I'm getting closer to December.


N.D. said...

Nice job on the run! that's awesome you're almost in Trimester 3 and will be doing the race! yay! I hate being passed - it would have been funny if you yelled that out to him! I'm ready for school to start. I'm really feeling like a slug, but also trying to enjoy the last few days we have!

Debbie Martin-Consani said...

Hi Clare.

You're right four is the new 10:-)

I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to get passed quite a few times over the next few months. I still feel a bit bitter at times though! I was out a couple of weeks when one of baggy-joggy bottom fraternity ran past me. She kept looking back to make sure I wasn't catching up. I so wanted to shout: "well done, you're beating a pregnant woman". I did have a chuckle when I got to the end of the street and she was slumped over gasping and I went sauntering past...sticking my belly out as much as I could. Ha ha.