Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gorgeous Weather

Yesterday was so beautiful out. I went for a 4 mile run before core class. I did part of the 10k course I haven't run so I'll start to learn it. I learned there are 3 possible places I'll let myself walk. Hey, at my pace, walking the steep hills isn't much slower than running them, maybe I'll add an extra 5-10 sec per mile when all's said and done. But the course is nice. I'll run the entire thing a few times in the next few weeks (yay, I'll run a whole 6 miles! It's been a LONG time!). Turns out the race is Sept. 21, a week later than I'd thought, and I'll be 27 weeks...officially a third trimester race!

The down side of yesterday's run was that I got passed. Some guy. It took all I had not to call out after him, "But I'm 5 months pregnant!"

Today was also beautiful out. I took a morning nap, went to spin, took an afternoon nap...maybe it's time for school to start! Well, only because September means I'm getting closer to December.

2 comments:

N.D. said...

Nice job on the run! that's awesome you're almost in Trimester 3 and will be doing the race! yay! I hate being passed - it would have been funny if you yelled that out to him! I'm ready for school to start. I'm really feeling like a slug, but also trying to enjoy the last few days we have!

Debs M-C said...

Hi Clare.

You're right four is the new 10:-)

I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to get passed quite a few times over the next few months. I still feel a bit bitter at times though! I was out a couple of weeks when one of baggy-joggy bottom fraternity ran past me. She kept looking back to make sure I wasn't catching up. I so wanted to shout: "well done, you're beating a pregnant woman". I did have a chuckle when I got to the end of the street and she was slumped over gasping and I went sauntering past...sticking my belly out as much as I could. Ha ha.