Friday, January 27, 2012

A new old blog to read

Found an old blog, one I bookmarked in 2008 while pregnant. I remembered it had something to do with infertility, so tonight while putting Andra to bed (it's easier if I stay upstairs with her, albeit in my own room) I looked at it again. Reading posts back from 2003; she was also DOR, and at least consulted at Cornell. She has two kids now, though I don't know if they used her own eggs or not. She's funny. At least as funny as one can be in this situation. I guess I'm mentally gearing up for round 2. I am supposed to call Cornell back when I get my period this month, but the month is ending and my BBT says I haven't ovulated yet on CD 26. Sigh. Nothing is easy.

Oh, and the RA is flaring today, in my jaw of all places. Hasn't done that since I was 18 (6 years before being diagnosed, though I recognize that as my first real symptom). And weirdly it's just the left side. Well, beats the neck or ankle.

I ran twice this week, 1.5 miles at about a 9:30 pace, a quick walk break, and another 1 at 9:15. Then just one mile before TRX last night, at 8:45. I keep reminding myself that I am not training for anything, so I don't need to go long or go fast, I just need to go.

Of course, I did tonight sign up for the Stamford Olympic triathlon July 1. So at some point, I will need to train.

2 comments:

Angela and David said...

That's great that you signed up for an Olympic.

I know the waiting process and the lack of control can be a nightmare. I hope things start to fall into place for you soon.

N.D. said...

That is awesome about the Olympic TRI!!! I'm debating signing up for the one I did last year 2 months after my due date. Not sure it's possible. Keeping a good thought about the IVF.