Tuesday, January 03, 2012

iPhone love

First post from my new iPhone. I love it. Seriously don't know why I waited so long?

I am thinking of running a 10k on Sunday. I am not in shape and won't run well or fast but I need fewer excuses and just more doing. I am not who I was but if I eer want to get back there even part way then I need to do something differently. Why not just do this without worrying about anything other than I want to want to do it. And lucky for me this one doesn't start til 10am! I wish it was a 5k as I haven't run longer than 4 mi in months but it isn't, there isn't a 5k nearby this month at all,and maybe doing the 10 will make me feel like I accomplished more.

I have quit reading some blogs I used to. Or rather I keep reading but quit commenting (but If you still comment here I am not referring to you!). I am sick of reading about people who haven't changed or faced any real hardships in the last few years. Don't get me wrong I would love to be on e of them but I am not. I want to read more about people getting through shitty times, probably to make myself feel better. Latest is I have this bunion that popped up on my left foot a fewonths ago and might be RA related but then again might not be (my mom has awful feet and the RA is from my dad's side nor hers). Hurts but then again nothing like the RA hurt.

Andra loves Watching Maisy videos on YouTube. Really glad she likes this and not some Disney princess shit.

6 comments:

fancy nancy said...

I have steered Em clear of Disney...at least for now! I think you should go for the 10k! Don't worry...we all have our crap that comes our way. You'll have celebrating times soon!

Nitsirk said...

Ha! I found myself really glad I have a boy the other day when I saw how much princess stuff a friends daughter has. Of course we are swimming in Hot Wheels and Thomas so I doubt that is much better. Good luck in the 10K. I thought about entering a road race but I don't want to know how slow I have gotten.

Angela and David said...

Good luck with the 10k! I'll have to check out maisy since that princessmshitmis headed my way.

jsmarslender said...

I've been reading and thinking of comments and then not leaving them. Sorry about that. I'm sorry you've had a tough time getting pregnant and I really hope 2012 is a better year for you.

Isn't most of it about getting through the cruddy parts - hopefully with a measure of grace? Still, I hope there is less crud and more good to your new year. : )

RunningMama said...

I totally get not wanting to read blogs of people who haven't been through really sh*tty times...I tend to think that they whine too much and don't really know what struggle means (I'm sure I would have thought the same of myself a few years ago). I will tell you this: It will likely get worse before it gets better, but you will survive...somehow. This time last year, we were researching adoption and starting the donor egg process. It was a horrible, dark, depressed time in my life. I don't know how...but I survived. You just keep slogging through. And you will never be the same...but you will know that you can live through a dark time and survive.

N.D. said...

yay for the iPhone! I do the same with blogs, and when I don't want to read about the same old I look for new ones.