Monday, July 04, 2011

45 minutes

Just got back from a 45 minute run. Don't ask how far, I don't know and don't want to. I didn't plan to go that long...treadmill runs (on an incline) have been hard. Granted I went slowly, but at 20 minutes I said I would go to 22, then 30, then 35, then 40, then 45. By then I was almost home so I walked the last 5 minutes, and boy did my quads feel like jello for those first few steps. Forgot about that, it's been so long.

Nothing hurt more than usual...I will go ice my heel now because I should, not because it hurts. It' not gong away completely, but I can live with this!

Happy fourth...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the run.

Wren said...

I'm happy for you, Clare, that the run went so well. It doesn't matter at all how far it was. That you did it took some real toughness and determination, and I know beating the pain and disability means everything to you. Way to go!

And happy 4th!

deb aka murphthesurf said...

Sometimes we do "the run" because we have to show this disease just who is boss...even if it is only for this one run...it give us faith that we can go on and that we still have the upper hand. Hope your fourth was wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Great news! It's blurry now, but I feel like I can picture your running route! :)

Angela and David said...

Woo hoo! That must have felt great.

WendyBird said...

YAY!!!!