Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cold run

After bailing out on the 9am run since only Sarita was going to join me (and she was easily pacified by the text, "Breakfast instead?"), and finding out that Jen's friend Nicole actually showed up expecting us to be there (I didn't know!), I did actually go running outside. I did about 2 miles on my own before meeting Sarita to run/walk another 2. It felt great. Better than the treadmill as I had no sense of my pace and it was nice to be out in the bitter cold. (The weather guy saying there was a wind chill of -7 in a nearby town was what turned me off this morning.) Seriously. My ankle was fine at first, definitely stiffens up after a mile or 2. Hope the doctor tomorrow will just give me the freaking cortisone shot. Even if not I'm hopeful I can get consistent with 2-3 miles a couple times a week. If the ankle hurts while running I won't do more than that. But I think I can do that.

2-3 miles used to not even be worth it.

2 comments:

Angela and David said...

2-3 mile in this weather is hard core.

Good luck tomorrow!

X-Country2 said...

Hang in there, and good luck.