Monday, August 10, 2009

Z-pack and electric blue

Went to the doctor today. Definitely not just a cold. Got a prescription for antibiotics. Hope they kick in soon! Besides some walks and one slow 25 mile bike ride Saturday I have not worked out AT ALL.

However, my boobs finally gave up and have shrunken down to normal or below-normal size. Which actually makes me feel much thinner! Even though weight still hovers about 4-5 pounds above pre-preg.

I got new handlebar tape on my bike today. Electric blue. I LIKE IT! Tomorrow I'm supposed to go in and have them fiddle with my clips to see if I can get rid of the pain on the ball of my foot. Or help at least.

6 comments:

Debs M-C said...

Hope you feel better soon.

I'm cutting back on breastfeeding. Over the last few days I've only nursed in the morning. I want to be finished completely by the end of the week. Then I'm going to have a celebratory burning of all breast pads, nursing bras and that bloody breast pump!!

Natalie D said...

feel better! thats funny about your boobs going back to normal, I was wondering about that

RunningMama said...

I feel the same way about my boobs! It makes me feel thinner when they're not as full (they're no longer c-cup, more like b-cup, but still above what they used to be). I've been debating how long I am going to breastfeed the past few weeks. My original goal was one year. I guess I could suck it up for 3 more months.

Don't feel bad about not working out...better to let your body recover!

Nitsirk said...

I am just getting over a sore throat bug. Yuck. I agree about the boobs, I don't weigh any less but I feel thinner. Some of my pre-preg shirts fit now too :) Still working on the last 12 lbs though. Feel better soon.

Angela and David said...

My boobs are now smaller than pre-pregnancy as well. I don't know if this is a permanent state or not so I can't decide if it makes sense to invest in new bras or not.

Hope you feel better and the antibiotics do the trick.

mjseger said...

Funny...I'm the only one not commenting on boobs :) I just started reading your blog so I may be missing the back story on your feet, but is it RA related? I'm a runner with RA just getting into cycling and have noticed some issues with the balls of my feet 25 miles or so into a ride - have been wondering whether it's RA stuff (which I get there) or just where I'm placed on my pedals. I love reading about your training, very inspiring.