Monday, August 31, 2009

Faculty Cycling Club


Last week a few of us decided to ride together after school and see who else we could get to join us. Luckily, of the 10 or so teachers who said they'd show up, only 3 others did, and these 3 were very compatible with me! Expecting more slow people, I did a fast 11 miles before meeting them back at the parking lot. We did about 15 hilly miles together in an hour, and then I rode 5 miles back home. So I totaled 30 for the day, and was exhausted! We will try to ride together for an hour once a week! Thanks to Lisa for the above picture.

My dad is here for the week being daycare as our real daycare is closed. He's loving it, and Andra is having fun. We all went to the swings after my ride.

First day of school was so easy. I don't get nervous anymore, I did a slightly new activity that went well, the kids were so well behaved (that won't last, I know), and it was only a half day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day!!!

X-Country2 said...

Great ride! I'd love to find a crew like that.

Angela and David said...

That's awesome you have a group from work to ride with. Looks like you are going to be settling into a great routine.