Sunday, November 07, 2010

Is it over?

Ran 2 days in a row. There was no bootcamp yesterday morning, so I went to the gym just to work out on my own. Ran a mile, lifted, ran another mile. Hmmm. Felt...pretty fine. So I tried again today after I put Andra down for a nap. Just my new "usual," a 2.5 mile loop from home. Ankle felt...pretty fine. I think I turned a corner, physically and mentally.

My goal is going to be to try to run twice a week. I am seriously out of shape, and the slow running I did was kind of pathetic, but that just means I will see improvement if I keep at it. Mentally, just telling myself to do a 20-30 minute run seems like nothing. Short runs used to be double that. So I should be able to fit them in easily, right after school once or twice a week.

Eleven months of not running. And now, just maybe, that is over.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I am glad you have had some good runs and hope for many more!

Angela and David said...

That's great news! Enjoy those runs!

Unknown said...

Great news! I hope it continues to feel good for you!!

Mnowac said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!