Friday, September 10, 2010

OK, OK....

I guess I'm not posting much because I'm not working out much. I used to love posting about my runs, how I did, what I felt like. But now that I'm not running, not so much to say. Not so exciting to tell about the set I did in the weight room. I haven't completely given up, I still work out probably 4 days a week (swimming, cycling, a class at the gym or lifting) but with no plan or pattern. I'm ok with it for the most part, recognizing it just as a low point in the cycle. Except for the fact that I have this epic bike ride (well, half an epic bike ride) coming up, it wouldn't matter so much. As it is, I will not be in nearly as good of shape as I wanted to be. Still, I keep reminding myself that this is not a race, it's a tour with apparently LOTS of stops along the way for coffee, pictures, lunch, etc. My ass is going to hurt, but I can deal. The most I have to ride is 3 consecutive days. And we met our fundraising minimum too, which is nice.

Andra and I have been making the rounds at the local playgrounds every afternoon to satisfy her never ending request for "Slide?" (which actually means "swings." Can't convince her to say that one, even though it's what she means.) It's been fun. Good weather. I get a coffee and stand and push her 30 minutes in the swing (God forbid another kid wants a turn), convince her to go to the REAL slide for a while, and take one more turn in the swings before calling it a day. Not bad. I also got her a water table for the deck, a little late in the season but it was $5 on Craigslist. She loves to splash and pour.

4 comments:

Wren said...

You may not be running, Clare, but you certainly are keeping yourself strong, healthy and fit with the other forms of exercise you do. I do so admire your willpower and fortitude. And I want to congratulate you on raising more than $6,000 in support of your upcoming bike ride. You're going to have a ball -- and that money will go a long way toward helping many people. Way to go!

jsmarslender said...

The playground time with Andra sounds great! As does the water table. Claire plays "baking" at the counter with bowls and spoons and rice or flour. If only we had a deck! : )

Angela and David said...

You'll be sad when Clare starts calling swings "swings."

And I think you'll surprise yourself with your ride. You are staying strong with all of your other training.

N.D. said...

that's so cute about the swings ! : ) ADorable. And when is the ride- sounds like it will be fun.