Thursday, April 22, 2010

Swim recap

Swim workout yesterday...pool now is open MWF until 3:30 so that means it's much easier to fit in 1-2 swim workouts a week. Recapping what I did today for my future reference...Warm up 100, 100 pull. Then I decided to swim 1000. Not fast, just to do it because I have never done that continuously. It was fine, 10:15 for the first 500 and 10:03 for the second, so I guess I did negative splits! Then I did 4 50s. First was :47, second :46, third :43 and last :41. Sprints are FUN. And I guess I need to do them more to improve my speed in the longer distances. Weird how training plans for all sports basically follow the same principles...

Today after school our faculty meeting was JUST canceled (not that I was planning to go) so 2 other teachers are meeting down by the beach for a ride. I have last period free, so I am going to go home, ride the 8 miles to meet them, do a 16 mile loop, and ride home. It's a gorgeous day out.

4 comments:

Angela and David said...

Sounds like you are going to be able to put together a nice training schedule for yourself. And from it looks like you are steadily improving at the swimming. That has to feel good.

jessica said...

Things seem to be going well -- good to hear :)

jsmarslender said...

Sounds like a great afternoon.

Pretty sweet that your school allows you to leave during free periods too. That gives you a bit of flexibility.

Your spring is shaping up to be quite nice! Enjoy!

X-Country2 said...

Bike rides on beautiful days with friends is the BEST!