Saturday, April 02, 2011

Probably not the smartest idea, but I went to bootcamp this morning. Surprisingly (or not, gievn the vicodin) I felt ok and didn't really have to modify much because of the neck. It might have been too much though, as the flare is back (or rather, it was probably always there, but the medication wore off). A little more prednisone...and probably another vicodin (the headache associated with this neck pain is bad...it's the joint that my skull is sitting on after all). I don't want to use vicodin, but at the same time, I want to function. I've just never had pain like this (besides childbirth, and my GI issues a couple months ago). RA can be so different...day to day, year to year, person to person, joint to joint. The neck...it's the worst, pain wise. I do think MAYBE I prefer it to the ankle though...I could still run. But, maybe if the neck was permanently bad, I wouldn't be able to cycle. Or swim (no turning my head to breathe). But...whatever, we adapt!

4 comments:

Nitsirk said...

I hope you feel better soon. That sounds terrible. As a scientist I fully support utilizing whatever pharmaceuticals are appropriate :)

N.D. said...

Ugh.. sorry to hear about this. Hope you are feeling better & the drugs bring some relief. My word verification is "focked"

fancy nancy said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about the pain!!! I hope you are feeling more comfort soon!!

Angela and David said...

Yikes. I can't even imagine. Just temporary neck pain sucks so I can't imagine what you are going through. Hopefully this flare passes soon.