Saturday, January 03, 2009

The little pickle...

I managed to get to the gym a few times this week. Tuesday, Friday and today. Could be better, could be worse. I ran 3 miles straight yesterday, changing the pace up because I got bored (and of course wanted to run fast, not slow) and averaging about a 9:20 pace. Did lots of abs today at boot camp...I want my doughiness gone! I wonder how long it'll take for the skin to shrink back up?

I'm hoping to get outside just for a couple walks this week, with the kid in the Baby Bjorn since I don't yet have the car seat attachment for the BOB. My husband will be working later this week to catch up from his time off, and Andra has to be 6 weeks to go to day care at the gym, so my options are limited (unless I get it done early, which I really have no excuse not to...I could go at 7 am and be back in plenty of time for Fred to get to work).

I haven't made any resolutions yet. I will, I like to, but the New Year kind of crept up on me. So, by February 1 I will figure them out! But one will involve getting more involved in the running community...tomorrow I plan to volunteer at a 10k, the first in a 5-race Boston Build-up series I ran last year preparing for Nashville. It's a great series, and it plus a bunch of other local races are put on seemingly by one very dedicated guy (who never actually gets to race himself). So volunteering seems like the right thing to do, especially since I am not up for a 10k (or the successive 15-30ks that follow) right now!

Can't help but post a few more pictures of our little pickle (affectionately nicknamed by my Aunt Mary, who then found her a pickle for her first Christmas ornament):
The little pickle.
I love her round belly!

11 comments:

N.D. said...

She is SUPER CUTE!!!! Great job getting in gym time and running, it sounds great!!! Your pace is fast for where you are I think. It sounds fabulous!!

Aron said...

she is soooo sweet :) wow you are so awesome for already being at the gym and working out!!!

X-Country2 said...

Adorable! That little belly button is too cute. :o)

WendyBird said...

I love her little angel kiss :-) Do you know the tradition about the pickle ornament? You can Google "Die Weihnachtsgurke"
The HM I'm running in March is the Virginia Beach Shamrock. Good job getting back out there!

Michelle Simmons said...

Isn't it insane how much we love our babies? :)
That's awesome your gym takes babies at 6 weeks. Mine is 6 months... My routine is AM workouts before Scott goes to work. I miss out on some sleeping in, but it's been worth it to me. :)
Glad things are going so well!

RunningMama said...

We call our guy the "pickle," too, for his funny faces...she is adorable!! I love the belly shot. My gym takes babies at 8 weeks, but I am afraid that he will cry...

WendyBird said...

My husband had a much darker mark than that on his cheek when he was an infant and it was totally gone by the time he was 2 or 3. They can also take away even huge port wine birthmarks with lasers these days so a little red spot would be easy. I think it looks like a sweet little upsidedown heart :-)

Clare said...

my mom said the same thing about the heart shape! the ped is keeping an eye on it, hopefully it won't change, or it'll go away.

Debs M-C said...

She gets more adorable by the day.

Great pace is such a short time. I haven't run under 10 m/m for months!

N.D. said...

A C-section would be horrible!!!
Then I won't have clearance to run for Boston (8 weeks from my due date!)
I probably wouldn't listen anyway but .. yea!! Horrible!

Mnowac said...

So cute! great job on the 3 miles.