Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Almost counts??

OK, so this morning I read the comment Michelle left on my last post about ALMOST going to the gym. "Almost counts," she said. I immediately took that (jokingly) as, "Well, almost going ALMOST counts, but DOESN'T, sucker!" Later today I reread it after another comment by X-Country 2 , and I thought maybe Michelle meant instead that yes, almost DID count! (It's funnier the first way though.)

Regardless, my point is that I'm GOING TO THE GYM NOW! I will likely just walk. Maybe do the elliptical, but that sounds...well, like a workout. I'm not sure what has happened to me. I have plenty of energy, I don't feel badly, I'm not even in a bad mood anymore (so much for that being a sign of labor). I am just plain lazy and impatient. Which doesn't even really bother me.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, 38 weeks 4 days...a while ago he said, "If you make it to 38 weeks we'll talk about stripping your membranes." I know it's no guarantee, but it beats doing nothing (I think...maybe it'll just make me crazy again, waiting!!).

(UPDATE) I went, I ran a mile, walked a little, stretched, and as usual, remembered that I LOVE the gym. I think my pelvis is protesting a little now, but alas my uterus is NOT.

9 comments:

Aron said...

maybe a little elliptical action will get her out!! wont be long now!!! hope the dr has good news for you :)

X-Country2 said...

Way to renew the love with the gym love. I bet all the activity gets things moving for you. :o)

Michelle Simmons said...

I was gonna say Just Go To The Gym and then you wouldn't have to worry about it either way. ;) You know you always feel better after you get there...

I know you're so psyched to have your baby already... But you know they cry A LOT more once they're out, right? ;)

Btw, I had my membranes stripped at 38 weeks. Gave birth 3 days later.

N.D. said...

Good for you going to the gym!!! Sounds like (all along) you know more than the doc. What does it mean with the membranes stripped? Good luck, keep hitting the gym to keep busy!!

Stamford Musings said...

The doctor said he would stake his reputation on the "kid" coming out before the 21st. It's not going to be long!!

Frayed Laces said...

Hey guess what? Being 38 weeks pregnant means you're allowed to feel lazy!

Anonymous said...

Hi there... I just found your blog, and almost cried when I read that you have RA and are running marathons! I used to run... until this past summer, when I developed symptoms that *may* be RA. My rheumatologist is still not sure. But, I haven't been able to run... too tired, too much pain, too TIRED.

I am hopeful that maybe (maybe?) we will find the right meds for me and I will someday be able to run again. Or go for walks. I'd even settle for that, these days.

Go luck with the rest of your pregnancy. :)

Debs M-C said...

Ha ha. Sometimes I think the most exhausting thing about going to the gym is carrying the bag :-)

In the UK we call is a membrane sweep, which sounds much less graphic.

Mnowac said...

Congrats on getting to the gym! I am joining a new one this weekend. I hope its the kick in the butt I need.