Saturday, October 27, 2012

1.5 cm, steroid shots at 33 weeks

This pregnancy has been pretty similar to the first.  I was in the hospital for monitoring yesterday, and they decided to give me the steroid shots for lung development this time.  They talked about it last time, but I kind of talked them out of it.  This time, I am already 1.5 cm dilated, they only give the shots up to 34 weeks, and I do just have a feeling this baby could come by Thanksgiving (37 weeks) or a little before.  There appears no real down side to the shots (and the upside for me?  My awful neck pain is a little bit lessened!) so better safe than sorry as even if she is just a little early her lungs will benefit.  I go get the second shot (and 2 hours of monitoring) today.  I'm pretty sure my doctor would write me out of work if I wanted, but I can't.  Not ready!  I will take a lot of time this week (assuming we have school?  Hurricane Irene put us out of school for a week, Sandy might get us a few days!) to get thing more in order.  Found out I should have the same sub as last time so that helps.  Here's a belly pic at 33 weeks:

3 comments:

jsmarslender said...

I've been hit and miss with blogs. Nice belly! And congratulations on another girl! Such a cozy time of the year to have a baby, too. You can just snuggle up. : )

N.D. said...

I can't believe you are 33 weeks!! where did the time go? glad you are feeling well and have the same sub as last time. makes things easier.

RunningMama said...

Hello cute little belly!!! 37 weeks is perfect....just before things get REALLY uncomfortable! That's when I had Baby Josie Girl!